Sherry Penny gives us some hard facts about how we view Thyroid imbalances. With her track record for bringing the thyroid into balance with iodine and selenium and even magnesium.
She has been keeping track with her own clinical tests that have produced balance in many people.
Some of the most interesting things she said.
1. Hashimoto's thyroiditis, an autoimmune disease that attacks your thyroid gland 200 micrograms to remove and peroxide accumulation that may be causing it.
2. Elevated TSH try to see if there is an underlying cause such as selenium deficiency or iodine deficiency. Once these are ruled out it may be that an individual must take a medication for balance.
3. Magnesium and zinc help stabilize the Thyroid.
4. Possible side affects from iodine (iodism) symptoms include metallic taste, sore mouth, swollen eyelids sneezing, skin eruptions, nausea, vomiting, epigastric pain, and diarrhea. (Interestingly Sherry said Bromine toxicity may actually be what is occurring because your body begins to release Bromine, which we get in excess, because it now uses the iodine.)
5. Side effects from replenishing iodine may be a result of displacement of bromine, chlorine and fluorine.
6. Saturate the body with Selenium 6 to 8 weeks 200 - 400 micrograms a day. Use L-Tyrosine 500mg 2 * Per Day and magnesium to help the selenium.
7. Add Iodine slowly even with one pill a week. 12mg per week.
8. Prolonged selenium and iodine deficiency combined often cause Hypothyroidism. Even mild selenium deficiency can trigger autoimmune symptoms in the thyroid.